Castle Map Pack

Public Forum for all things matchmaking, not including BTB.
ChiefMcGrady

Castle Map Pack

Post by ChiefMcGrady »

6v6 on BTB-style maps? 343 does nothing but disappoint me it seems. Meanwhile not a single map has been added to the BTB playlist, not even Forge maps! Hopefully the release of Forge Island will change that in the coming months. When this 3rd map pack releases in a few days, keep in mind BTB parties will still be priority over 6v6 DLC ones. Yet to be determined whether strats will be developed for this map pack, but most likely they will be. What do you guys think of the Castle Map Pack thus far?
coach e 1980

Re: Castle Map Pack

Post by coach e 1980 »

Your frustration with 343 in this matter is understandable. If they wanted to add maps for 6v6 then they should have just added them to dominion. It would have made a whole lot more sense if they had made a few BTB maps and started BTB objective like everyone thought they were going to do instead of making mid-size 6v6 maps and not making BTB or the 6v6 objective.

"Daybreak" looks like the best one they made but it is a little too small for big team from what they said on the YouTube video I watched. "Perdition" looks like an ok map for 6v6 but "Outcast," which is the biggest, just looks terrible with a million places to hide. If they would have just made Daybreak larger and put all 3 maps as BTB I would buy the map pack when it comes out.

I did not get the season pass and don't want to buy the $10 worth of a new map pack for what seems like every month since Halo 4 has been out unless there are BTB maps involved(if ExO decides to go 6v6 along with BTB then I'll reconsider). Do they not pay attention to what game types are getting played the most? The last time I checked it was BTB. Maybe when their numbers go down on the sales they'll pay attention next time they want to make new maps for Halo 4.
ChiefMcGrady

Post by ChiefMcGrady »

coach e 1980 wrote:Your frustration with 343 in this matter is understandable. If they wanted to add maps for 6v6 then they should have just added them to dominion. It would have made a whole lot more sense if they had made a few BTB maps and started BTB objective like everyone thought they were going to do instead of making mid-size 6v6 maps and not making BTB or the 6v6 objective.

"Daybreak" looks like the best one they made but it is a little too small for big team from what they said on the YouTube video I watched. "Perdition" looks like an ok map for 6v6 but "Outcast," which is the biggest, just looks terrible with a million places to hide. If they would have just made Daybreak larger and put all 3 maps as BTB I would buy the map pack when it comes out.

I did not get the season pass and don't want to buy the $10 worth of a new map pack for what seems like every month since Halo 4 has been out unless there are BTB maps involved(if ExO decides to go 6v6 along with BTB then I'll reconsider). Do they not pay attention to what game types are gettin played the most? The last time I checked it was BTB. Maybe when their numbers go down on the sales they'll pay attention next time they want to make new maps for Halo 4.
It will be discussed tomorrow morning between the 3 top ranks of this clan what the future of ExO will hold. Bill stated they are making a 6v6 objective playlist, but the news is still a big disappointment. Eventually 343 will come to its senses....maybe.
ChiefMcGrady

Post by ChiefMcGrady »

New maps are pretty sweet, but 4v4 was a dumb idea(343 is full of 'em). Daybreak is very one-sided when it comes to CTF, but the other 2 are legit. That Pavilion map or whatever reminds me of that city map from Halo 2.
coach e 1980

Post by coach e 1980 »

Very seldom do I play anything else besides BTB lately. But when I do play something else my preferred playlist is Castle DLC, it is fantastic. I love capture the flag so whenever it comes up I chose it. My favorite maps are in order: Daybreak, Perdition, and Outcast. Just wish they would make it 8v8 and make it free for everyone to play-oh and to make it all OBJ, lol. I guess that's just all wishful thinking. :P